Saturday, March 13

Any weakness? Any loss of hearing? Weakness in the hands? Sweating, dizziness, or anxiety?

Cyanide is what killed those nine hundred people in the Jonestown mass suicide of 1978. Cyanide killed
the millions in Nazi concentration camps. It killed Hitler and his wife, Eva Braun. During the Cold War
of the 1950s, American spies were issued eyeglasses with thick, clunky frames. If captured, they were
trained to casually chew the curved earpieces, where fatal doses of cyanide were cast inside the plastic.
It's these same horn-rimmed suicide glasses, the wrangler says, that inspired the look of Buddy Holly
and Elvis Costello. All those young hipsters wearing death on their nose.


Snuff;            
Chuck Palahniuk

7 comments:

  1. When I think of this, I shivered. But sometimes we go funny to think about this although we know this is terrible! Hmm, what do you think dear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your blog is so different from a lot of the other blogs around here. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not understand and we can't help it. But that's the point, dear, we should try:) I completely agree with you on this matter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly are a finder of the beautiful, the absolutely haunting. Thank you for guiding me to the next book I shall indulge my curious mind to.

    Oh, I'm so sorry for not responding to your comment of a long time ago...I remember you asking me where in Canada I am currently residing in? Right now, Calgary. Sadly, I long to be somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was such a sweet surprise, l'amour! definitely will be accepting this prestigious(hehe) gift & tag :)

    ReplyDelete

escape


♫♪